Frequently Asked Questions
Customer Help & Flight Services Queries
- Children between the ages of 5 to 17 can travel unaccompanied. The age restriction can vary depending on the airline.
- Many of the airlines require unaccompanied minors to travel on direct or non-stop flights only, where even if the flight makes a stop, there is no requirement of change of flights.
- Unaccompanied minors are permitted to travel on the last flight of the day.
- Most airlines provide supervision services for minors from the time of boarding until the flight is landed. This service is known as ‘Unaccompanied Minor Service’ and the guardian of the minor would be charged for the fame. The fee is supposed to be paid directly to the airline during the time of check-in.
- A birth certificate or other identification documentation of the minor is needed to show at the airport. Adults escorting the minor to the flight also need to carry their identification so they can get a pass to escort the child through security checkpoints.
- It is mandatory to let the airline know of the adult (and their identification) that will meet the minor at the destination.Standby reservations are not allowed for unaccompanied minor travel.
- Airlines have the right to impose additional penalties.
- The new ticket can be of a higher fare, thus, resulting in additional charges.
- A service fee on behalf of MyTicketsToIndia will also be applied.
Generally, the airline asks the passenger to purchase a replacement ticket at the current fare. Depending on the airline, if the passenger’s original tickets are not in use after a particular period, generally 6 to 12 months, the customer receives a credit for the purchase price of the replacement ticket, which is less than the application fee.
The fee varies from an airline to another airline and is approximately $100 per passenger. It is to be kindly noted that these policies and fees are subject to change at any time and every airline has its own rules for air ticket replacement. MyTicketsToIndia works under these rules and policies and wishes every customer can adhere to them.
Please note that once a customer has accepted the schedule change from the airline, then future changes requested by the customer would require a payment of the penalties or fees. However, if the airline changes the flight schedule without you requesting them, then you won’t be charged for the same.
Some airlines allow the passengers to check-in online and print their boarding passes up to 24 hours before departure. Passengers should print their boarding pass to proceed through security. Customers with checked-in baggage or e-tickets without a printed boarding pass should go to the ticket counter before proceeding to the security checkpoint.
All passengers are advised to reconfirm their flight 72 hours before departure.
If by chance you miss your subsequent flight, then one miss immediately goes to the nearest ticket counter for the airline. If the issue is under the control of the airline, then the airline must protect you on the next available flight. If the issue is due to weather, air traffic, or completely your fault, then it is the airline’s will to protect you or not. If the airline decides to not protect the passenger, then it is the passenger’s responsibility to find their way to the final destination. It is important to note that when a passenger misses one flight on their itinerary, then all the consequent flights will also be canceled under the ‘No Show’ circumstance.
MyTicketsToIndia ensures to keep you updated whether the change is minor or severe. Since schedule changes can happen at any given time, MyTicketsToIndia strongly recommends passengers verify their departure time and flight numbers with the airline 72 hours before departure.
If there is a major schedule change and you are not comfortable with the new flight(s), then you must immediately contact our customer service team. MyTicketsToIndia will contact the airline on your behalf and discuss other available options.
Your journey with MyTicketsToIndia is not over until you have reached your final destination and we make sure you do so without any issues.
- Published Fares – Fares that are sold by the airline.
- Bargain Fares – Discounted fares that are sold by the airline.
- Exclusive Fares – Specially discounted fares that are available on our website.
- Senior: Travelers that are 65 years old or more. The fares are not discounted on all flights.
- Adult: Travellers aged between 18 – 64.
- Children: Travelers aged between 2 – 12. Most airlines charge the full amount of fare for children older than 11.
- Infant: Children under the age of 2. If the adult traveling with the infant wishes to hold the infant on their lap, then they must do so throughout the flight journey. Usually, a fee is charged on international flights for infants riding on the lap as well.
- Roundtrip Destination: When you fly from one location i.e A to another location i.e B and then fly back to A.
- One Way Destination: When you fly from one location i.e A to another location i.e B and don’t plan on returning.
- Multiple Destinations: When you visit several locations and therefore need to opt for flights between each destination.
- Coach or Economy Class: The seating in the main cabin area where the seats are the least expensive.
- Business-Class: It tends to offer seats with more legroom, seats which recline further, and upgraded meal service. Business-class tickets are a little on the higher end of the budget.
- First-Class: It is usually located in the cabin area which is near to the front side of the aircraft. The seats are way more comfortable and the meals are delicious. Other perks that come with the booking of a first-class seat are the shorter lines at check-in and the use of the airport’s business lounge. First Class fares are very costly and not all airlines offer them.
- Nonstop Flights: Airlines that do not stop during the journey or the passengers needn’t change planes to reach their final destination.
- Stops, but no change of flights: These flights would have up to two landings and departures.
Connecting Flights: Flights with one or more landing and departures where the passengers would need to disembark the plane and re-board their next flight.
- Identification of suspected (known) terrorists.
- Prevention of individuals on the No-Fly List.
- Facilitate passenger air travel.
- Protection of individuals’ privacy.
- Subject individuals on the Selectee List to enhanced
- screening to determine if they are permitted to fly.
- If it is not a guide dog but a pet, passengers should request the airlines for special handling services that are charged additionally.
- Pets in the cabin are limited by size and number.
- Airlines have restrictions and can ask the passenger to let their pet travel in the baggage compartment of the flight.
- Shipping containers should meet the minimum standard for size, ventilation, strength, hygiene, and be designed for safe handling.
- The health certificates of the pet should be carried.
- Certain breeds are restricted by the airlines as they have difficulty breathing at high altitudes.
In the case, the provider offers services where the payment has been made, the sole recourse for refund will be the responsibility of the providers. If the provider does not refund the amount, you can pursue any recourse against the provider which is permitted by the law.
MyTicketsToIndia guarantees the highest standards of service provided and carefully selects providers to protect the passenger. Except as stated herein, MyTicketsToIndia does not take the responsibility for any action related to anything beyond our control.
MyTicketsToIndia shall not be held liable for any error, act, injury, theft, accident, damage, delay, or irregularity that is the fault of the provider of travel products. MyTicketsToIndia will not be held responsible for fluctuation in price, change in schedule or accommodation, or any other consequences which would occur after the payment of the service.
MyTicketsToIndia is a travel service company that strives to provide value-added service to retail travel agents. For your convenience, MyTicketsToIndia has provided the service agency fee in the fare quoted. Our service agency fee varies depending on various factors like market conditions, time & effort spent on locating the tickets you request with the best prices, upgrades, any other form of payment, etc.
The team of MyTicketsToIndia believes in 100% customer satisfaction and if in any case, we do not meet your expectations, we ensure to refund you except when tickets have been issued. Then, there might be a penalty involved. Discounts offered can vary depending on various factors like use of airlines, service class, destination, the time of the year (Peak or Off Season), provision of advance notice, fulfillment of minimum stay requirements, and flight load.
Billing and Payments
Reasons for Flight Protection Plan Cover:
- Insured’s principal residence is uninhabitable by natural disaster or burglary.
- Required to serve on a jury or quarantined.
- Involved in a traffic accident.
- Unpleasant weather, mechanical breakdown, or unannounced strike.
- A terrorist incident in the city is listed in the traveler’s itinerary.
- Identificant document theft.
- The bankruptcy of an airline.
- Travel arrangements are canceled by the travel agency or the airline.
- Change in your plans.
- Normal pregnancy or childbirth.
- Financial circumstances.
- Business obligations.
- Anything not listed under the Flight Protection Plan Cover.
Reasons for No Flight Protection Plan